Help by Phone: 1-877-644-0474
1. Information Collection
We may ask you for some or all of the following types of information when you register with our Services, participate in surveys, access various content or features (such as, your MySoFed Account portal), submit comments or content, or directly contact us with questions or feedback:
• Contact information, such as name, e-mail address, postal address, and telephone number;
• Information regarding your electric service details such as, but not limited to, meter-information, ESIID, historical electric-consumption, and dwelling type.
• Unique identifiers, such as a user name or password;
• Financial information, such as credit card or other payment information;
• Real-time Geolocation information;
• Communications preferences;
• Search queries;
• Comments and other information posted to our social media accounts or online forums;
• Correspondence and other information that you send to us; and
• Additional information as otherwise described to you at the point of collection or pursuant to your consent. If you decide not to provide this information, it may limit our ability to provide some of the above content.
We also may collect certain information automatically when you visit the Services, including:
• Your Internet Protocol (IP) address, which is the number automatically assigned to your computer whenever you access the Internet and that can sometimes be used to derive your general geographic area;
• Your device type or mobile carrier;
• Other unique identifiers, including mobile device identification numbers; and advertising identifiers (e.g., IDFA);
• Your browser type and operating system;
• Sites you visited before and after visiting the Services;
• Pages you view and links you click on within the Services;
• Information collected through cookies, web beacons, Local Shared Objects, and other technologies;
• Information about your interactions with e-mail messages, such as the links clicked on and whether the messages were received, opened, or forwarded; and
• Standard server log information
2. Use of Information
We may use information that we collect through the Services for a variety of purposes, including to:
• Provide you with the products, promotions, services, newsletters, and information you request and respond to correspondence that we receive from you;
• Contact you via email and otherwise about your account;
• Conduct analysis on customer behavior in order to better serve you with offers and content that is of interest to you;
• With your separate consent, contact you via email and otherwise about products, services, contests, and events that we think might be of interest to you, and otherwise send you promotional material or special offers on our behalf or on behalf of our marketing partners and/or their respective affiliates and subsidiaries and other third parties;
• Maintain or administer the Services, perform business analyses, or for other internal purposes to improve the quality of our business, the Services, and other products and services we offer;
• Publish stories, comments, photos, and other information posted on our social media accounts
• Process employment applications and inquiries;
• Customize and personalize your use of the Services, including providing you with tailored advertising; and
• As otherwise described to you at the point of collection or pursuant to your consent.
3. Sharing of Information
The staff of the Southern Federal Marketing, Operations, and IT departments, as well as the third-party vendors that process customer data on behalf of Southern Federal, may access and otherwise process personal information in connection with their job responsibilities or contractual obligations.
We are committed to maintaining your trust, and we want you to understand when and with whom we may share the information we collect. At times, as described below, we may share your personal information with others for the purposes described above:
• Service Providers: We may share your information with service providers that perform certain functions or services on our behalf (such as to host the Services, process billing, and accounting data, provide products and services, manage databases, perform analyses, process credit card payments, provide customer service, or send communications for us). We may share information with third-parties, such as social networking platforms, so that they may send tailored communications on our behalf via their platforms. These companies are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us.
• Subsidiaries and Affiliates: We may share your information with all members of the Southern Federal Family, including, without limitation, our subsidiaries and affiliates.
• Third-Party Ad Serving and Audience and Traffic Measurement Services: We may use third parties to serve advertisements on the Services. These third parties may set their own cookies or similar web technologies to collect information about users’ online activities over time and across different websites.
• Business Transfer: If we sell all or part of our business, or make a sale or transfer of assets, or are otherwise involved in a merger or business transfer, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy, a business reorganization, or similar event, we may transfer your information as part of such transaction.
• Administrative or Legal Process: We may disclose your information to third parties in order to protect the legal rights, safety, and security of Southern Federal, our corporate affiliates, subsidiaries, business partners, and the users of our Services; enforce our Terms of Service; respond to and resolve claims or complaints; prevent fraud or for risk management purposes; and comply with or respond to law enforcement or legal process or a request for cooperation by a government or other entity, whether or not legally required.
• Aggregate Information: We may share aggregate information, such as demographics and usage statistics, with advertisers, sponsors or other organizations.
4. Cookies and Similar Technologies
6. Links to Other Websites
7. Data Security and Data Integrity
We have adopted security procedures to help protect against the loss, misuse, interference, disclosure, destruction, alteration and unauthorized access to the information you provide to us. We also maintain reasonable procedures to help ensure that such data is reliable for its intended use and is accurate, complete and current.
Please note that no data transmission or storage can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your information and privacy, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you disclose or transmit to the Services and cannot be responsible for the theft, destruction, or inadvertent disclosure of your information.
8. Data Retention
We will retain your information only for as long as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out above, considering criteria such as applicable rules on statute of limitations, legal requirements and the duration of your use of our website and receipt of our Services.
9. Child Privacy
The Services do not knowingly collect, use, or disclose personal information from children under the age of 13. If we are made aware we have collected personal information from a child under 13 years old in a manner that is inconsistent with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”), we will delete this information as soon as possible.
10. Communications Preferences and Access
You may choose to receive promotional emails, newsletters, push notifications, and similar communications from us. You may opt-out of receiving commercial emails from us by clicking on the opt-out or “unsubscribe” link included in the commercial e-mails you receive. You may opt-out of receiving push notifications by turning off push notifications at the device level. Please note that opt-out requests may take some time to be effective. Your opt-out request will not apply to messages that you request or that are not commercial in nature. For example, we may contact you concerning any service we provide to you, even if you opt-out of receiving unsolicited commercial email messages.
If your information changes, or if you no longer desire to use the Services, you may request that we update or remove certain information by signing into your MySoFed account and making the required changes, by emailing our Welcome-Center at email@example.com, or by contacting us by postal mail at the contact information listed below.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Automated Decision-Making: We use automated decision-making technologies, including credit processing, to support our company processing activities. Our automated decision-making capabilities include logic that will send triggered messages based on customer data or behavior.
firstname.lastname@example.org or at the following address:
Southern Federal Power, LLC
5858 Westheimer Road, Suite 707
Houston, TX 77057