Texas Transmission & Delivery Utility Rate Increases Coming September 1st, 2021
If you’re a new customer, we updated the Electricity Facts Labels on each of our products to reflect new Delivery Rates. For most recent Delivery Charges, visit and bookmark this page here.
CenterPoint, ONCOR, AEP Texas, and TNMP increased delivery rates on September 1st, 2021 – Here’s what to expect on your Southern Federal electricity bill with the new increases.
What To Know:
- Delivery Rates are one of the many charges that make up your monthly power bill
- Delivery Rates are determined by your Transmission and Delivery Utility (CenterPoint, ONCOR, AEP Texas, and TNMP)
- Southern Federal does not determine Delivery Rates
- This affects all electricity providers in Texas
- Delivery rates are reviewed and modified several times per year
How this affects your bill:
September 1, 2021 – the Texas State authority approved an increase of Delivery Rates. To determine the approximate increase to your monthly electric bill, multiply your average usage by the amount increased.
? Example – If you’re serviced by ONCOR and your average monthly usage is 1000kWh, you will see an approximate increase of $6.62.
Please note, delivery charges are passed-through from the Utility, without mark-up. All future revisions of these charges, up or down, will reflect on your monthly power statement.