Electric Water Heaters
- Repair leaking faucets. Warm-water leaks should be given immediate attention because they can raise your electric consumption rapidly.
- Drain your hot water tank regularly to remove sediment.
- Consider a tankless water heater; they are 35-45 percent more efficient, pay for themselves in 3-5 years, and never run out of hot water.
- Wrap the hot water heater in an insulation blanket.
- Lower the thermostat on your hot water heater. For each 10 degrees of reduction, you can save 3-5 percent in energy costs. 120°F is suggested unless your dishwasher does not have its own water heater, in which case 130°F – 140°F is suggested for optimal cleaning.
Share This Story, Choose Your Platform!